Add power, performance, and style to your MK7 engine bay with IE’s Carbon Fiber Intake System. The IE exclusive Sound Door allows for custom adjustment of your intake volume. Exceeding the stock airbox flow by over 15%. Our engineers set out to develop the best performing Carbon Fiber Intake System for MK7 vehicles. The latest in computer design software and...
Add power, performance, and style to your MK7 engine bay with IE’s Carbon Fiber Intake System. The IE exclusive Sound Door allows for custom adjustment of your intake volume. Exceeding the stock airbox flow by over 15%.
Our engineers set out to develop the best performing Carbon Fiber Intake System for MK7 vehicles. The latest in computer design software and engineering tools ensure maximum performance and perfect fitment.
The Sound Door included in the intake kit allows for adjustment of intake sounds to suit your personal taste. Leave the plate in for a highway cruiser or remove it to unleash the growl of your engine!
Your driving experience is improved with additional horsepower and torque, enhanced throttle response, and a sporty sound to top it off.
Substantial gains are achieved by the large airbox internal volume and velocity stack which accelerates the rate that air enters the intake system.
A large 5 inch air filter reduces the amount of air restriction found with smaller cone-shaped or panel filters.
Increased Air Flow
Our engineers spared no expense developing this intake system to ensure it is never outperformed by others on the market. The large internal volume and 45 degree angle of the filter result in the highest flowing closed element intake system tested to this point.
The following chart demonstrates an impressive gain in flow over the factory air box. With the Sound Door installed, gains of up to 15% are achieved. With the Sound Door not installed the air flow gains exceed 16.5%.
● Autoclaved high quality gloss carbon fiber construction
● Sound Door: customize sound levels to suit your personal taste
● Increased throttle response
● Internal velocity stack with 5 inch inlet increases flow into the inlet pipe and turbocharger
● Massive conical filter results in higher flow
● 45 degree filter angle results in higher flow than straight or perpendicular filter locations
● Water drain provision keeps your airbox dry following rain and cars washes
● Optimized air inlet duct allows for maximum intake air flow while still allowing engine bay cooling
● Undergoes thorough appearance and fitment quality control processes
● MK7 GTI 2.0T
● MK7 Golf R
SAI (Secondary Air Injection)
● Cars equipped with SAI will need to purchase the SAI filter separately. Cars that have SAI will have a plastic hose barb on the side of the stock air box as shown in the photo below.
Intake Kit Includes
● IE Carbon Fiber Stage 1 Intake
● Sound Door and sealing gasket (allows for intake sound adjustability)
● Stealth coolant hose (reroutes coolant factory hose under the intake)
● All install hardware (brackets, bolts, etc)
Install can typically be completed in about an hour using basic tools. Be sure to read the install instructions in entirety before starting the process. As a pro tip, keep in mind that carbon fiber scratches easily (especially if tools are dropped on it).